Blogged Out and Bogged Down

May 13, 2010
By

Howdy friends! Yes, I am still alive and kicking…lol. I know it’s been a LONG while since I’ve last blogged. Let’s just say I’ve been blogged out for the past week. It’s tough blogging as often as I’d like, and I guess it finally took it’s toll on me. I just seriously couldn’t bring myself to write a new blog post. And as if God was telling me to take a break from my computer, I’ve had a very red and irritated eye for the past couple of days. Thankfully it’s not pink eye, but it has definitely been a hindrance to me. It’s hard to get things done when your eye just wants to water up and drip tears all day.

I’ve also been seriously bogged down with projects lately. My best friend’s wedding is less than a month away and I will be making her wedding programs, so I’ve been spending time designing those. I’m also up to my knees in tiles working on a fun and fabulous new project which I will hopefully debut by the end of the month. Just ask my husband, I have been practically OBSESSED with my latest project and he’s had to beg me to leave my craft table to just relax on the couch with him. I’ve created one sample, but I want to make a few more to put up on my Etsy shop before I share this project with the world. So look forward to that.

Okay, I’m going to be honest with you. Another reason I haven’t been blogging is because I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and strategizing in terms of how I want to continue with my blog and my business as a whole. There is just so much to think about and take into consideration, and I want to make sure that I’m doing things in a way that is best for both me and for you without overwhelming myself with too many obligations and overwhelming you with too much irrelevant information. It’s tough just trying to find the right balance of projects and general information. I’ve found that I’m constantly getting sidetracked and forcing myself to create projects or share information that don’t really reflect myself or my business. So I’m working on that whole focus thing. Lol. And of course I’ve been working on new ways to stay connected with my readers, get feedback, and find new readers or customers. So what I’ve done is added a few new ways for you to stay in the know with the latest news and projects of Scraps of Life. If you check out the right sidebar, you’ll see a section called “Fan or Follow“.  In that section you’ll see that you have several options to stay connected. You can “like” my Scraps of Life Facebook page, follow me on Twitter, or you can simply “join” my site through Google Friend Connect. These are all great ways to stay up to date with my latest projects and blog posts. And if you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you will have First Looks at my latest projects, contests, and offerings before I post anything to my usual community websites (i.e. Splitcoast Stampers), as well as access to exclusive giveaways that will be accessible only to my Facebook and Twitter followers. So if you’re on Facebook or Twitter, make sure to connect with me and be in the know :D

Well, that’s it for now. I’m sorry I don’t have a project to share with you. I’ll do my best to have something to share with you next week though! I hope you all are having a fabulous week!

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to Blogged Out and Bogged Down

1. Karen on May 13, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Jacqueline sometimes we just have to sit back and check in with ourselves to see if we are on the right track. It looks like you are doing this and good for you. Karen

2. Jenn on May 14, 2010 at 8:41 am

Jacqueline, I am with you on getting burned out! I go stong for weeks on end…then I crash! I have been without inspiration for days now! It was so hard for me to come up with something for my challenge…I almost cried! Hang in there, if it is meant to be, it will! Your blog is awesome! And I am glad to call you my “blog friend”
    Have a good day!

Jenn
    xoxoxoxo

3. Jessica on May 14, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Jacqueline, I really enjoy your blog! It came to my attention when you posted the “Mini Shoppers” and I have been following it since. From one demo to another–it is so easy to become overwhelmed with all that is out there! I think its great that you re-evaluate what is important to you & your customers, and I look forward to seeing what you have to share soon!
    Jessica

4. Sarah on May 14, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Jacqueline, I totally get what you are talking about! As hard as I try to avoid them, I always seem to hit “bumps in the road” here and there that slow me down- or even bring me to a complete halt- for a while. It’s really difficult to consistently post on a regular basis. Anyway, I am sure you’ll work it out. Hopefully your eye is much better now, and things will slow down for you before long. You have a great blog. Relax, take a deep breath and you’ll be back on track before you know it ;-)

5. Debbie on May 15, 2010 at 5:56 am

Technology is very overwhelming…I know this because I am a social media director at my “day” job. There are some days I feel I have done so much in so little of time…Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, etc…craft-wise, however, I try to set aside “business hours” that I work on things…ususally it is only 1.5 hours/night or early morning…but I have a timer and work on projects…when the timer goes off…I stop. I literally walk away from the table and play with my kids or go for a walk…or hug my husband. Some days I give myself “permission” to go back to something, but I set the timer again for maybe 45 min, etc. The purpose of our “craft” is to be relaxing…I know that is hard to do when there are projects & deadlines you must meet…but I know you can do it, you are creative and talented…you may just need a small 1 week “vacation” from projects…:)

6. Cassandra on May 15, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Taking some time off to think is a good thing. I often wonder what I will do with myself one day and sometimes taking a break from it all to just sit and go ok, what do I want to do is the best thing we can do for us. I read you’re doing things that don’t reflect you, I have been there myself and I have had to let a lot of things go and that’s ok as the Lord will lead us to the things that He knows will help us on the right path.

Have a great day!

7. Jennipher on May 18, 2010 at 2:36 pm

One thing I do that works really well for me is keep a separate blog for my business efforts. I find that people who are truly interested in me as a person and my creative efforts are not interested in hearing about the latest promo or products from “xyz” company. Most people who join blog groups do so because they are looking for inspiration and want to share what they have created as well as maybe get to know you as a person.

8. maria on May 20, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Hi!!! Looks like you’re getting some really good advice from the commentators above :)
    So, I’m just going to say – keep your head up and enjoy the creations you share with everyone. Be true to yourself :)
    Maria!!!