A Baby Is A Gift
Here is a cute little card that I made for this week’s card sketch challenge from Splitcoast Stampers (SC244). I, of course, kept with this month’s baby theme. But this time, I used a color scheme aimed for a baby girl, since all of the other baby items I’ve made were more for a boy.
A Few Tips:
- I find that plain text stamps often seem bare, so I like to add a little background to the text using very light colored inks. Here, I used Blush Blossom ink to stamp images from the Circle Circus and Teddy & Train stamp sets to create a very subtle background and fill in some of that empty space around the text.
- For the pink section, I used Pretty in Pink cardstock. I used my scallop edge punch along one edge of my cardstock piece. Then I scored lines every 1/2″ inch at a 45 degree angle from the top edge, going in both directions so that I had intersecting score lines. For the little dots, I used my Crop-a-Dile’s 1/8″ punch to punch out circles of Mellow Moss cardstock. I adhered these little dots in a nice pattern where the score lines intersected.
- To make the pink section pop a little more, I layered it on a piece of Mellow Moss cardstock, which I also edged using my Scallop Edge Punch.
- Everything was adhered to a Perfect Plum card (8.5″ x 5.5″ inches, scored at 4.25″ to create an A2 size card).
- A small bow of Certainly Celery 1/4″ Grosgrain ribbon adds that final touch.
Do you have any baby themed creations you’d like to share? Share them here! Just leave a comment with a link to your project. I’d love to see what you all are creating!
- Still in need of a Holiday Mini Catalog? Email me and I’ll get one to you asap!
- If you place an online order with me of $100 or more, you’ll receive one stamp set of your choice from the Growing Up section of the Idea Book & Catalog! Click HERE for details on this special Scraps of Life promotion!
Stamp Sets: God’s Blessings (114972), Teddy & Train (115219), Circle Circus (115778)
Paper: Perfect Plum (101889), Mellow Moss (102898), Pretty in Pink (100459), Pale Plum (101658), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Perfect Plum (101437), Blush Blossom (102609)
Tools: Crop-a-Dile (108362)
That Little Something Extra: Certainly Celery 1/4″ Grosgrain Ribbon (109031)